A year ago I left my country to live in my neighbor's land. I left everything and everyone behind and opened new doors for the adventure and a new way of life.
At first, it was difficult to understand the language and move around. Where do I go grocery shopping? Where can I rent a bike? Where is the bank? How do I get a bank account? I have to get an insurance?! Are you my teacher? Do you speak english?...and like that a thousand more questions.
Of course, it wasn't all peace and love. There were some tough moments but the great thing was the people I met there who helped me thru those rough days, who held my hand when I needed a good cry and who took me home when I had a little too much to drink...
Every once in a while we need a little adventure far away from home to remind us who we are and to show us that no matter where we are we can do anything!
Last year, I was the one to leave, and these year it's my turn to see others off to their wild wild quest. For those of you beginning your adventure, here are a few words from someone who is an experienced adventurer:
- Enjoy every day, because, even though some days it doesn't feel like it, time flies!
- Be open to new experiences
- Do something you would never do at home
- Get out of your comfort zone and burst out of your bubble
- Travel anywhere anytime, love the places you go to and the people you meet, gamble all your month's allowance, drink everything you find except Poliakov vodka...for your own good, make loooots of friends, take tons of pictures, practice languages...or create one, learn to cook some delicatessen (or at least learn to make sandwiches or microwave pizzas)...
LIVE, LAUGH, ENJOY AND BE HAPPY!!
Have a great and very special year!